Stitch up this quick and easy in-the-hoop roll-up organizer featuring piecing and quilting, right in the embroidery hoop, to create four pockets perfect for storing your favorite sewing notions, make up brushes, markers, and more. Ideal for taking along to class or on vacation. This is a great class for a beginner where you can learn more about stabilizer and thread for all your embroidery projects. Michelle, National Freelance Educator for Sulky of America, will share her best secrets for success with the Roly Poly Organizer and beyond. Bring along 4-6 coordinating fat quarters and have fun! Bring your own fabric; see supply list for details.
In the Husqvarna Viking Embroidery Studio sponsored by Viking Sewing Gallery
- Student Maximum: 20
- Category(ies): Rookies and Refreshers, Accessories, Machine Embroidery, Just for Fun, Gift Items, Piecing Techniques
- Experience Level: All are welcome.
- Advance Prep:
Select non-directional fabrics that read as a solid and/or have a small print.
- Cut (5) - 3.5 x 7-inch pieces of fabric for the inside pocket and label each piece A, B, C, D and E. A variety of fabrics may be used.
- Inside pocket of the organizer: cut an 11 x 7-inch piece of fabric and fold it wrong sides together to 11 x 3.5-inches, label G
- Outside of the organizer: cut one piece 3.5 x 7-inches and label H
- Cut one piece 8.5 x 7-inches and label I.
- Supply List:
Pinking shears or scissors; 28mm rotary cutter; 6 x 12-inch ruler; marking pen; pink embroidery tape or Blue Painter's Tape; thread snips, tweezers. Note: Rotary cutting mats will be available in the classroom.
- 4-6 coordinating fat quarters - non-directional fabrics that read as solid and/or have a small print
- Completion Level: Complete in class.