About Martha Pullen Teacher Licensing EXPRESS
Martha Pullen Teacher Licensing is a unique and amazing retreat that blends the love of sewing with skill-building experiences and business opportunity. Whether you want to teach or not, this sewing retreat is not to be missed. With a curriculum which brings you wonderful projects developed by our Martha Pullen licensing team, your time will be filled with hands-on sewing, lots of fun and memories to last a lifetime. We guarantee it!
When you combine legendary Martha Pullen style with foolproof, streamlined sewing techniques, you’re bound to produce exquisite projects. And because we all know the difference between “Oh, that’s so nice” and “oh, my, this is GORGEOUS! How did you DO that?”, the relationship between signature design elements, the best construction techniques, and a polished finished look has become the focus of this outstanding licensing curriculum.
The team of talented Martha Pullen designers and teachers married the latest embellishment and sewing techniques as they created projects for this course. Moreover, because they’re so machine-savvy, constantly looking for and experimenting with innovative techniques, they’ve succeeded in building a curriculum brimming with character – from the sheer number of graceful and distinctive design elements to the easiest and best ways to create them.
Whether you’re a fan of vintage charm, contemporary flair or a chic combination of the two, this collection of projects offers something to strike the fancy of any sewing enthusiast. As always, the procedures you’ll use to create this collection of gorgeous projects are presented with clearly illustrated patterns and step-by-step directions, sharing all the tools and exceptional machine techniques clearly and completely. They’ll bring guaranteed success to you and, if you teach, to all your students, too. It’s everything you’ve come to expect in a licensing course… and a little more.
As always, your retreat is a complete experience, starting with lovingly assembled kits from which you’ll create some of your projects. Add to lunches you’ll share with friends new and old, the laughter and fun … a chance to re-stock your stash with beautiful fabrics, laces and trims, plus the latest notions and tools …. all with your hotel room just steps away. What could be more perfect?
Explore the many distinctive heirloom touches as you learn the secrets to executing them on today’s top of the line equipment, under the watchful eyes of the Martha Pullen sewing faculty. Whether you are new to sewing, serging and embroidery or have been at it for years, this program will help you enhance your skills for sensational results! Join nationally recognized educators and Martha Pullen specialists Kathy McMakin, Connie Palmer, Alicia Welcher, Sis Hutchison and Angela Jones
for an information-packed retreat focused on exquisitely created, detail-oriented, classic touches designed to take advantage of the latest sewing techniques.
- Take home beautiful kits to create 17 selected projects, each one complete with clearly illustrated, complete instructions and patterns. These projects are ones that you can use to teach classes, make for resale, enjoy for personal use or give as gifts. Priceless!
- Receive exclusive embroidery design files in all formats. These designs can also be used in your own classroom!
- Learn to work with different fabric types, laces and trims as you build on your own sewing, serging and embroidery skills. Move from technique to technique, project to project throughout the week. As always, you’ll learn all the techniques needed to complete the full complement of projects, and you can decide which projects to work on during the retreat. Explore and practice essential techniques and essential details including how to shape trims, incorporate insertions, edgings and entredeux, create ruffles, pleats, bindings and so much more.
- Apply the techniques you learn to garments for babies, children, dolls and adults, and incorporate these versatile techniques into home décor items, fashion accessories, purses, totes and organization/storage projects.
- Create a beautiful display quilt that secretly incorporates and shows off the many techniques you’ve learned. Imagine it in use, or, if you’re a teacher, as a classroom inspiration!
- Sew an amazing Christening gown, or matching First Communion dress, a continuous hoop embroidered doll dress, totes, bags and a storage bin, plus tops and pants for girls and MORE!
- Projects are varied in style and complexity: some are designed to be made over and over as quick, meaningful gifts, while others are more elaborate, and are destined to become treasured family heirlooms.
- Discover a variety of new uses for your specialty sewing machine and serger feet and accessories for easier and more accurate gathers, piping, puffing, pintucks and binding.
- Gain knowledge, tips and tricks for a range of machine embroidery applications, including appliqué, surface design and free-standing motifs.
- Husqvarna Viking Epic sewing and embroidery machines will be provided for classroom use.
Description for Timeless Sewing Techniques: Modern Methods and Classic Heirloom Touches
Do you love sewing, sewing and more sewing...of all sorts and kinds, depending on your mood? If so, then this curriculum has been created just for you. Originally offered as a full, week-long retreat, it has now been streamlined for you to complete in just three days, and at a very special price. AND, it’s right before Original Sewing & Quilt Expo, so you can stay on and have even more fun once you’ve received your Teacher Licensing Certificate!
Timeless Sewing Techniques is a Martha Pullen Teacher Licensing curriculum filled with a wonderful assortment of projects: 30 projects in all, in a wide variety of styles and designs. Together, they form a collection of sweet, cute, cuddly, charming, neat, sassy, timeless, traditional, beautiful and/or elegant items for you to enjoy making, giving, selling or teaching.
All the projects are beautifully illustrated, with detailed instructions. You will also receive kits to make 17 of the most popular projects in the curriculum. These projects allow you to learn a dizzying array of techniques – the ones needed to become a Martha Pullen Licensed Teacher, of course, but also the ones you’ll use over and over again in your sewing life. You will also receive the embroidery files for the designs featured on the projects in the Timeless Sewing Techniques curriculum.
This EXPRESS retreat experience – good food, excellent company, wonderful teachers and some great surprises – brings together sewing projects that showcase the styles we so enjoy, builds upon classic and timeless themes we rely on and captivates us with fresh, contemporary looks. What could be better?!
Join us, and acquire skills in working with lace and entredeux, spaghetti bias, folded bias, shell-stitched bias, several versatile quilting techniques, incorporate tucks of all kinds, ribbons, decorative stitches, shaped puffing, Madeira applique, piping, buttons of all shapes and sizes, working with knits, bindings of all kinds, bias and lace shaping, Australian windowpane, cathedral windows, shark’s teeth, crazy patch, loads of machine embroidery and much, much more! Plus, serging techniques. Really, it’s more skill-building and fun than you can imagine.
With nationally and internationally recognized educators Kathy McMakin, Connie Palmer and Alicia Welcher, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience to get it all in this specially priced, streamlined course. Don’t miss it!
With All My Heart Technique Quilt
Fancy Hem Doll Dress
Fancy Hem Doll Slip
Fold-Away Shopping Bag
Rectangles on Edge Hand Towel
Snappy Bow Bag
Heavenly Christening Gown or Child’s Dress
Christening Slip or Child’s Slip
Appliqued Baby Bib
Appliqued Baby Burp Cloth
Zippered Pattern Portfolio
The Zigzag Tote
Ruffled Knit Top
Tabbed Tank Top (Girl’s 2-12)
Cropped Pants (Girl’s 2-12)
Easy Heirloom Serger Purse
Sulky Thread Bag
Sulky Stabilizer Sampler Bag
Fabrics and Trims for Practice
Click here for Supply List.
CLICK TO REGISTER
Call 256-655-3090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org