*Which Division is your Quilt Entry #1 to be entered into?
Note: each entry is entered into ONLY one category under one division. Choosing multiple divisions or categories for a single quilt is NOT allowed.
Quilt Maker - NTQF defines the MAKER as the person who made the quilt top. The quilt-top MAKER’S status determines whether a quilt belongs in the Artisan Division or the Master Division. The status of the person who did the quilting plays no part in the Maker’s status as Artisan or Master.
Artisan Division – If all of the following statements are true you may enter in the Artisan Division:
1. I have never classified as a Master in the past.
2. I have never engaged in a quilt event or activity for monetary profit (more than $2,000 in a year). i.e., I have never formally taught quilting, quilt-related or wearable arts techniques.
3. I have not published a pattern or book on quilt-related techniques within the last 5 years.
Master Division – If any of the following statements are true you must enter under the Master Division:
1. I have been classified as a Master in the past.
2. I have engaged in a quilt event or activity for monetary profit (more than $2,000 in a year). i.e., I have formally taught quilting, quilt-related or wearable arts techniques, or quilted professionally.
3. I have published a pattern or book on quilt-related techniques within the last 5 years.
4. I have won a Best of Show and/or lifetime total of two First Place Ribbons, or a combination of, in any quilt show including the NTQF.
One-Person Quilt – Only one person did the entire construction of the quilt. The quilt was pieced or appliqued, hand or machine quilted and bound by only one person.
Two-Person Quilt – A quilt to which two people contributed work. If someone else did any of the piecing, quilting or binding on a quilt, it automatically belongs in a Two-Person Category.
Group Quilt – A quilt to which three or more people contributed work. If three or more people were involved in the piecing, quilting or binding of a quilt, it belongs in a Group Quilt Category.
Quilting – All quilts must be hand or machine-quilted. No tied or tacked quilts are allowed with the exception of Crazy Quilts, which may be tied.