Stitch up a super cute in-the-hoop needle notebook that will keep all your needles well organized. This adorable roll-up case features see-through pockets “sew” you can find your sewing, quilting, embroidery and serger needles at a glance. Discover how quick and easy it is to create projects right in your embroidery hoop. Michelle, National Freelance Educator for Sulky of America, will guide you to the best stabilizer and thread for your project as well as answer those “Why?” questions. Your completed needle notebook is perfect for taking to class or giving as a gift to a sewing friend! It actually holds 8 packs of needles. Bring three coordinating fat quarters, keeping in mind one of them will have the word “Needles” embroidered on it. Bring your own fabric; see supply list for details.
In the Baby Lock Embroidery Studio sponsored by Pins & Needles
- Student Maximum: 15
- Category(ies): Rookies and Refreshers, Accessories, Machine Embroidery, Just for Fun, Gift Items
- Experience Level:
- Advance Prep:
Select non-directional fabrics that read as a solid and/or have a small print.
- Outside of Needle Notebook: Cut a piece of fabric 6 x 8-inches, and label Fabric A
- Outside Band of Needle Notebook: Cut a piece of fabric 6 x 3-inches and label Fabric C
- Inside of Needle Notebook: Cut a piece of fabric 6 x 8-inches and label Fabric B
- Supply List:
Pinking shears or scissors; marking pen; pink embroidery tape or Blue Painter's tape; thread snips, tweezers, 28mm rotary cutter and 6 x 12-inch ruler. Note: Rotary cutting mat will be available in the classroom.
- (3) Coordinating 10 x 10-inch pieces of fabric or (3) fat quarters - select non-directional fabrics that read as solid and/or have a small print.
- Completion Level: Complete in class.