Did you know that you can create 3-D projects in-the-hoop of your embroidery machine? It is quick, easy and fun to make in-the-hoop projects. You are in good hands with Michelle as your guide since she is a National Freelance Educator for Sulky of America. She will share her best stabilizer hacks and thread knowledge to help you get the most out of all your machine embroidery projects. And if you have never done in-the-hoop quilting here is your chance. These lovely boxes are perfect for holding all sorts of accessories from jewelry to notions. They even make beautiful gift boxes for someone special. Bring 2 fat quarters and make a beautiful Betty Box! Bring your own fabric; see supply list for details.
In the Husqvarna Viking Embroidery Studio sponsored by Viking Sewing Gallery
- Student Maximum: 20 (0 seats left)
- Category(ies): Accessories, Just for Fun, Gift Items
- Experience Level: All are welcome.
- Advance Prep:
Select non-directional fabrics that read as a solid and/or have a small print.
Small Box with Lid
• Designate fabric to be the outside of the box and cut it to 6 x 9-inches label as Fabric A.
• Designate fabric to be the inside of the box and cut 2 pieces 9 x 8-inches, fold to 9 x 7.5-inches with wrong sides together and label as Fabric B.
• Cut a second piece 9 x 2.5-inches and label as Fabric C.
Extra Small Box without Lid
• Designate fabric to be the outside of the box and cut it to 6 x 6-inches and label as Fabric A
• Designate fabric to be the inside of the box and cut 2 pieces: 6 x 5-inces, fold to 6 x 4.5-inches with wrong sides together and label as Fabric B
• Cut another piece 6 x 3-inches and label as Fabric C
- Supply List:
Pinking shears; hemostat; point turner; Hera Marker; scissors; thread snips; tweezers; pink embroidery tape or Blue Painter's tape, 28mm rotary cutter and 6 x 24-inch ruler. Note: Rotary cutting mats will be available in the classroom. Optional: Four 1/2-inch flat sew-on buttons and rayon embroidery thread to coordinate with your fabric. There will be some additional thread colors available for class use.
- (2) Coordinating fat quarters- select non-directional fabrics that read as a solid and/or have a small print
- Completion Level: Complete in class.