Start your quilting experience on the right foot --- with Debby’s liberating, beyond-straight-lines, feed-dogs-down process. You’ll enjoy her simple methods for taking your stitches beyond beginners’ meanders and loops. In the dozen years she’s been teaching beginning machine quilting, Debby’s students have been most comfortable following shapes, and so she gives you lots of practice time during class to use stencil shapes and one of her favorites, freezer paper shapes. Discussion includes quilting blocks (no matter the size) and borders, and a treasure trove of samples to illustrate how dynamic her KISS (Keep It Small and Simple) quilting style can be for you, too.
In the Janome Studio sponsored by Heartfelt Quilting & Sewing
- Student Maximum: 20 (1 seats left)
- Category(ies): Rookies and Refreshers, Quiltmaking, Finishing Your Quilt
- Experience Level: Advanced beginner and beyond
- Prerequisite: Must have some sewing experience
- Supply List: Paper scissors, dressmaker shears, small scissors or snips, straight pins, tape measure, seam gauge (6" ruler), pencil, marking instrument (pen, pencil or chalk), seam ripper. Bring at least one of the following: finger grips such as Finger Cots, snug garden gloves with nubby tips or snipped ends of a pair of snug rubber gloves.
- Completion Level: Technique class: complete 3 - 4 practice samples in class.