Sewing Mad Libs Relay with Sew News
Thursday, Friday & Saturday 1:00-4:00pm
Sew News - BurdaStyle Booth
Up for some fun? If so, join us as a mystery project is created each afternoon at the Expo in the Sew News - BurdaStyle
booth. You’ll have a chance to put your imagination to work as you watch the project unfold, or become a participant yourself – part of the ‘create team’ at the heart of the action.
Each stitcher on the “create” team will be paired with a sewing mentor from Sew News
, and have 30 minutes to work on a project using specific criteria. The fun? Everything will be presented Mad Libs style. Throughout the day, a Mad Lib paragraph will be filled in with words provided by the audience (maybe you!), taking the project in different directions until completion. Whether you stitch or watch, shenanigans are sure to take place!
We need four participants each day – click here to apply for a spot.
Those chosen must know how to sew, and will be using sewing machines and sergers generously provided by Juki. Participation time in the Sew News - BurdaStyle booth will be assigned, so please indicate your availability for the day(s) you plan to attend on the form. Each ‘create team’ participant will receive a gift of sewing goodies valued at more than $500!
After the last team has run out of time, the finished project will be on display at the workspace along with the finished Mad Lib paragraph for all to see. Finished projects will appear in Sew News magazine and be featured at sewdaily.com.
The Gift Package will be filled with stash and project-building goodies, like:
- 1-year Sew News magazine subscription
- 1-year Creative Machine Embroidery magazine subscription
- 2016 Martha Pullen Internet Embroidery Club design pack
- BurdaStyle Holiday garment-pattern kit
- 1 free Craft Online University course (up to $49 value)
- All-new Beachcomber & Hopscotch Alphabet font design collections from Creative Machine Embroidery
- Sew Caroline’s Weekend Style ebook
- Designer fat quarter bundles from Free Spirit
- Zipper assortments from Coats
- Batting from Warm Co.
- Havel’s pink rotary cutting mat (24” x 36”) and 45mm rotary cutter
- and more!