Working with Nelly’s 60 degree triangle ruler, strips of fabric and employing one of her fast-and-accurate construction techniques, create a fun, modern quilt top. Easily finished as a small table runner, a skinny wall hanging or even a bed runner, it’s far easier than it looks, and not dangerous at all! Learn to join pieces on the bias, place colors and accents for drama, and discuss quilting options to bring out the motif. This quilt is seen in variation in Modern Patchwork magazine. Bring your own fabric, see supply list for details.
Bernina Studio sponsored by Quilt & Sewing Center /145 Art & Design Studio & That Little Quilt Shop
- Student Maximum: 20
- Category(ies): Quiltmaking
- Experience Level: Intermediate to advanced
- Advance Prep: See Supply List for fabric requirements.
From white fabric:
- Cut 3 strips 4 inch x width of fabric (WOF)
From three different fabrics:
From gray fabric
- Cut 1 strip 4 inch x WOF
- 1 strip 23 inch x WOF
- 1 strip 7.5 inch x WOF
- Save and bring to class the remaining gray fabric
- Supply List: Small scissors, seam ripper
- 1/2 yard white fabric
- 1 1/2 yards gray fabric
- 1/8 yard each of three different fabrics with visual texture (i.e. batik)
- Completion Level: Students will have knowledge to complete project at home.