Using Debby's KISS Method (Keep It Small & Simple), discover how liberating free-motion machine quilting can be. Discuss appropriate threads, various batting choices and basting your layers, then use your time for lots of PRACTICE. Play with doodles, swirls, curves and other simple shapes, as you are coached and gently guided into this exciting world. A perennial favorite at the Expo, this workshop is perfect for both beginning and intermediate level free-motion quilters.
In the Bernina Studio sponsored by Atlanta Sewing Center
- Student Maximum: 20 (0 seats left)
- Category(ies): Rookies and Refreshers, Quiltmaking, Finishing Your Quilt
- Experience Level: Advanced beginner and beyond
- Prerequisite: Must have some sewing experience
- Supply List: Paper scissors, dressmaker shears, small scissors or snips, straight pins, tape measure, seam gauge (6" ruler), pencil, marking instrument (pen, pencil or chalk), seam ripper. Bring at least one of the following: finger grips such as Finger Cots, snug garden gloves with nubby tips or snipped ends of a pair of snug rubber gloves.
- Completion Level: Technique class: complete 3 - 4 practice samples in class.